Giving sick, abused and unwanted horses a second chance.


Animal Control in your Area

If you see the neglect or abuse of an animal the first place to contact is your county animal control. If there is no animal control contact your sheriff’s department. Here are links to the counties in our area:

Ashe County Animal Control
(336) 982-4060

Avery County Sheriff’s Office
(828) 733-2071 ext. 1208

Avery County Humane Society

Caldwell County Animal Control
(828) 757-8625

Watauga County Animal Control
(828) 262-1672

Johnson County Sheriff’s Department for Mountain City, TN and surrounding area.
(423) 727-7761

About Horse Rescue

For information about how to determine if a horse is starved go to this site that lists and explains the official scoring method for a horse’s weight. The site includes relevant material about horse rescue:

Habitat for Horses

Horse Protection Act

Information on Federal Laws pertaining to Equine, notably the controversial Horse Protection Act
Federal Laws Information